This page has moved to a new address.

2011 The Roundup - What a Busy Year!

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: 2011 The Roundup - What a Busy Year!

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Sunday 1 January 2012

2011 The Roundup - What a Busy Year!

Wow 2011, you have been a busy year! I thought it would be fun to look back and pick my favourite photo/post from each month and share the year in review. These are my highlights, I hope you enjoy them too. If you are new to My Poppet, this is a great place to start... Grab a cup of tea and have fun exploring.



In January I decided it was time to get the house looking pretty and more organised. It's something that I only partly achieved, but you can see my progress here on the Home Tour Page. This is my Kitchen Wall...

 
In February, just before my niece Eva was born, I took some photos of her pretty nursery. You can see more Nursery tours here.

In March, I finally revealed Emma's room to the world! It was even featured in Ohdeedoh.

April was Emma's birthday month, she turned 2. Read all about her Vintage Floral Birthday Party. And there is heaps more kids party fun over here too.

In May a visit from an interiors photographer was the catalyst to finally tidy up my sewing room. It was 3 days work, not bad for 2 years of mess! You can see how the feature turned out here.

June was a pretty stripey month! I went to Japan, so some fabulous guest bloggers took over the reins for 2 weeks. Here is baby Eva looking oh so adorable in her stripes.
July! What can I say. I was on a high from my trip to Japan. So many amazing experiences which I couldn't sum up in just one post. Read about my experiences with Japanese Toilets, Japanese Food, Japanese Socks, Japanese Fleamarket, Tradition in Kyoto, and People watching. If that wasn't enough for you check out the Japan tag for every Japanese related post I've written.

In August Emma and I took the tram into town for a Big Day Out. She was particularly well behaved in August. Unfortunately it was a bit short lived, behavior-wise, it all went down hill from there...humph!
September was time to get the passport out again. This time Emma and I headed to Argentina to see some of my family. It was a very long and challenging journey, full of nostalgia and much frustration. We were glad to be there but so, so glad to get home. My favourite purchase was this vintage lion brooch I picked up at a local fleamarket. You can see more posts from Argentina here.

Lots of sewing in October, including this dress I made for me! The very first one I've attempted. I love it and wear it constantly...I even made a blythe sized one for Perty. Check out some more Blythe Doll Style here.
In November I threw some fabric remnants together and made Emma the best skirt EVER! Probably the coolest thing I've made for her in a while. She loves wearing it and we always get so many comments. It's so much fun.

Where did the year go? December already. We made an attempt at getting into the festive spirit with lots of fun decorations, a pretty tree and Christmas themed craft tutorials.

I thing you'll agree, 2011 was pretty full on. I wonder how 2012 will shape up? Oh and yes, I do realize I'm meant to be on a blogging holiday, but it turns out winding down is a little hard for me...

Labels: , ,