This page has moved to a new address.

Making something from nothing...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Making something from nothing...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Monday 10 October 2011

Making something from nothing...

I can finally reveal the fruits of my labor during Emma's nap times last week, (the little quilt above was gifted yesterday).
I've been sewing a lot...because...Emma's behavior has been a little challenging of late and I have lost my cool on numerous occasions. To calm my frayed nerves I have let my 'domestic duties' and online commitments take a back seat and retreated to my sewing room. Yes, I've been sewing my little heart out.

It's been a little while since I've felt so satisfied with something I've made, I used only materials from my stash and just scraps for the tops. The blue quilt was made primarily from the business shirts that Mr Man 'explodes' Incredible Hulk style.I like the idea that quilts should be made from unwanted pieces of clothing and scraps that would have gone into landfill. I mean isn't that the original idea behind patchwork and quilting, to make something out of nothing? Both the Jungle quilt and floral quilt are in the shop now.

Labels: , ,