This page has moved to a new address.

Tidy Sewing Room...Finally!

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Tidy Sewing Room...Finally!

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Friday 13 May 2011

Tidy Sewing Room...Finally!

Wow, I'm so excited to share my super tidy sewing room with you. There are no 'before' pictures because they were almost too shameful to post. Picture piles and piles of stuff like in that 'hoarders' TV show...but worse. You couldn't even see the floor!
We moved in two years ago and I've never really have the time to focus on it, but thankfully the photo shoot was the motivation I needed to really get things done.
It took me the best part of 3 days to get it looking this good.

I'm really proud of myself and just love spending time in there now. Everything is organised and easy to find, so I can spend more time creating and less time searching for things.
I took a few photos after the photographer left, just to capture it at it's tidiest...
Here are some of my favourite shots-

I love my collection of woven vinyl vintage hangers.
I have never have my cutting table totally clear of clutter, yay!

All my vintage patterns are in one place, I may even make something for myself soon.
Thanks to Pilgrim for helping me fold and colour coordinate my fabric pieces. I think she had a little too much fun!
Gorgeous apple pincushion by Morgan Wills and my growing collection of Japanese craft books.
All my tools in one easy to find place away from little fingers!
Mum makes my bias binding for me, I don't have the patience.
A rainbow of buttons and threads.

I hope you enjoyed my sewing room tour, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
Thanks for stopping by.

x Cinti